Friedrich Mewis - Curriculum Vitae
- born in Lutherstadt Wittenberg at 10th of February 1943
- in 1961 university entry qualification (Abitur) in Pretzsch/Elbe
- in 1968 graduating in Naval Architecture (Diplom-Ingenieur Schiffbau) at the University Rostock
- from 1968 to 1996 employed at SVA (Schiffbau-Versuchsanstalt Potsdam) in different positions, since 1990 Head of Towing Tank Department.
- in 1985 development of SVA Fin System.
- from 1993 to 2005 chairman of the STG-Fachausschuß Schiffshydrodynamik
- from 1996 to 2006 member of the Propulsion Committee of ITTC
- from 1996 to 2006 Head of Resistance & Propulsion Department at HSVA (Hamburgische Schiffbau-Versuchsanstalt).
- since 2006 Consultant, Mewis Ship Hydrodynamics, Dresden.
- in 2008 invention and development of Mewis Duct®
- in 2012 development of Becker Mewis Duct® Twisted (formerly known as Becker Twisted Fin)
- in 2022 together with Dirk Lehmann prizewinner GERMAN ENVIRONMENTAL AWARD for energy and CO2 reduction in the shipping world
[Photo: 1943, with my mother and my elder brother]